Friday, October 24, 2008

my friend Sara's apple cake


There are recipes you find in a book and then there are the recipes you ask someone to give you because you have tasted the results and you must try it (and eat it) for yourself. Well, my good friend Sara brought this apple cake to my house last year and I bugged her for the recipe, but my apple stash had run out. But, now I have both the recipe and apples and I cannot tell you how good this is you have to make it. It also falls squarely within my recipe requirements: simple, cheap to make and delicious.

Here goes:

Sara's Apple Cake

4 1/2 cups diced apples (any variety)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups flour
3/4 sugar
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup raisins
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

1) Mix apples and sugar together
2) Add eggs (well beaten) , nuts, oil and vanilla
3) In a separate bowl, mix remaining dry ingredients together and add to the apple mixture
4) Bake in a greased 13X9 inch pan for 60 minutes at 350 degrees

Bon appetit!

No comments: