Sunday, September 20, 2009

These days



These days I am enjoying the fruits of my labor (and Jove's): daily cucumbers, a few butternut squashes, popcorn (three ears to be exact), the last of the tomatoes and basil and hopefully salad greens and snap peas 6 weeks from now if my fall garden behaves. I was supposed to plant the peas and the greens 3 weeks ago, but I have been SO BUSY with going back to work it didn't happen until this morning.

These days I am grateful for outings with the extended family on sunny, fall days. The fridge is full of apples and raspberries picked yesterday during our annual pilgrimage to Hurds Family Farm. I love this place. I know I have mentioned the cow train before. I love it. The tractor driver was particularly entertaining: steering with his leg, driving standing up and, of course, hooting and hollering. We all went twice.

These days I am occasionally unable to sleep because my to do list won't let me, so I get up at four in the morning and get a ton of things done. Its crazy, I know, but somehow I feel better being exhausted than getting a couple of more hours of sleep and being behind on my work.

2 comments:

sunnywave said...

yummmm...fresh picked raspberries and apples!!! did they have fresh apple cider, too? love the cow train, moo! ;)

waterbaby said...

this is so wonderful this blog... I get to see you all, all the time.. the cow train what a hoot!!!. I'm sure the kids loved it.. more pictures of you dear daughter... apple picking what a fun time I miss those days when you and Jason were small and we went to get apples, cider and donuts.. Love Mom