Wednesday, June 3, 2009

these days

These days I am enjoying following Jove's suggestions: to make chocolate pudding after reading the chocolate room chapter of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, to paint with feather tips after learning that people used to use quill pens and making our own book to record car accidents and other road disasters that we see (inspired by some recent long trips in the car).


These days I am enjoying outings with Jove where I get to learn a lot myself. Besides watching Jove learn, learning myself is one of the best things about homeschooling. We went to a Wolf Conservation Center and learned about endangered wolves and met some.
Jove took a week long, hands-on archeology class on Ancient Egypt that included a backyard simulated dig. I find myself thinking, "Did I ever learn this stuff? Well, I am now." Better late than never.

These days Miranda is completely absorbed by her pet, our crested gecko, Fluffy.




These days I am grateful for occasional morning runs through the park where I can sneak in unaided birdwatching and make other seasonal discoveries and I am grateful for my mother-in-law who entertains the kids and does the laundry while I am out.

No comments: